Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Crochet Fish Motif -- FINALLY!




For those of you who have been waiting and waiting for this pattern ... here it is!

CROCHET FISH MOTIF




(I made this using Plymouth Encore Worsted and a size H hook. To make motifs larger or smaller, feel free to adjust yarn weight or hook size to get the size you want!)

Row 1: Chain 5. Turn.

Row 2: Starting in 2nd chain from hook, sc in remaining 4 chains. (4 sc)

Row 3: 2 sc in first sc, 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (6 sc)

Row 4: 2 sc in first sc, 4 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (8 sc)

Row 5: 2 sc in first sc, 6 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (10 sc)

Row 6: 2 sc in first sc, 8 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (12 sc)

Row 7: 2 sc in first sc, 10 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (14 sc)

Row 8: 2 sc in first sc, 12 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (16 sc)

Row 9: 2 sc in first sc, 14 sc, 2 sc in last sc. Chain 1, turn. (18 sc)

Row 10: 18 sc. Chain 1, turn.

Row 11: Repeat row 10.

Row 12: Decrease over first 2 sts, 2 sc,
puff, sc, puff, sc, puff, sc, puff, sc, puff (5 puffs)
3 sc, decrease over last 2 sts. Chain 1, turn.

Row 13: Sc across. Chain 1, turn.

Row 14: Decrease over first 2 sts, 2 sc,
puff, sc, puff, sc, puff, sc, puff (4 puffs)
3 sc, decrease over last 2 sts. Chain 1, turn.

Row 15: Sc across. Chain 1, turn.

Row 16: Decrease over first 2 sts, 2 sc,
puff, sc, puff, sc, puff (3 puffs)
3 sc, decrease over last 2 sts. Chain 1, turn.

Row 17: Sc across. Chain 1, turn.

Row 18: Decrease over first 2 sts, 2 sc,
puff, sc, puff (2 puffs)
3 sc, decrease over last 2 sts. Chain 1, turn.

Row 19: Sc across. Chain 1, turn.

Row 20: Decrease over first 2 sts, 2 sc,
puff
3 sc, decrease over last 2 sts. Chain 1, turn.

Row 21: 8 sc. Chain 1, turn.

Row 22: Repeat row 21.

Row 23: Repeat row 21.

Row 24 to end: Increase as before (2 sc in first and last sts) until 24 sts.
24 sc.
Finish off.

= = = = =

I'm making a BUNCH of these to stitch together into a baby blanket (or maybe a couple...yeah I have THAT much yarn!). Happy crocheting!!

~mz

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:23 PM GMT-5

    I love it, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eboni,

    How adorable. AND a pattern that is suitable for a BOY! I have two grandsons and I have trouble finding patterns suitable for them. I do not crochet much - so I may have to get find all the "cheat sheet" places on the net and work on one or two of these. Thanks. Your sista, Susan in OK

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pattern is fantastic! Very easy to follow (and I didn't find any errors! and fun to make. I posted it on my blog with a thanks to you, here.

    http://mybestfriendcallsmemartha.blogspot.com/2008/08/p.html

    Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. It is perfect for a baby's blanket. Also, I have been trying to upload my flickr to my blog on blogspot and failed. Do you have the steps I need to accomplish this. You can send me an email at zina.adams@hotmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!

    Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I searched the net high & low looking for a crochet version of this pattern. *wiping away tears* Thank you for taking the time to convert this to crochet!

    *dancing a jig*

    WOOHOO!!!!

    Can you tell I'm excited?

    Tish (CP)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:27 AM GMT-5

    was fishin around for an idea to do and found this. Thanx so much for the jumpstart. Vicki at CheerfulEndeavors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last week I googled "tesselating designs", found http://www.tessellations.org/ and began thinking about knitting or crocheting some. Thanks for saving me the trouble!!

    Jessica-Jean - Montreal

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it and perfect for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:58 PM GMT-5

    A) How do you do a puff?
    B) How do you stitch it together? Yarn needle and thread or is there a way to crochet them together?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous:

    a) if you do a google search you will find several tutorials and videos on how to do a puff stitch. easy and fun!

    b) i haven't tried crocheting them together although i imagine you could slip stitch them together. that seems like it would create a nice finish. try different methods until you find the one you like best.

    have fun and happy crocheting!

    ~mz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5:54 PM GMT-5

    I am having some issues with buckling, esp thru the puff stitch sections!I usually am a pretty tight stitcher, could this be the issue? I love the pattern and I really want to put a blanket together but its not going to well! I notice in the picture above they seem to be slightly wavey, is this normal? Any advice would be great, thanks,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:52 AM GMT-5

    Can I have the matching pattern for the hat too please. I really love this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how big is your blanket and how many fish?

    ReplyDelete


... this has been a QuietStorm production, dahling ...